Love is in the air and the craving for a soul mate is just reaching newer heights. All the singles looking for love should get their dating basics right if they want their “soul mate” or destined others to be everything they dreamed they would and enter a beautiful new relationship.
Dating is your first introduction to your potential partner and it is also the first opportunity for you to introduce yourselves, aside from the pretty flirting. Dating helps you know if you and your date are compatible with each other.
Singles who are adventurous prefer dating through different ways like online dating, speed dating, blind dating, casual dating, serious dating and more aside from the usual help from family and friends. Online dating is the most preferred form of dating for many singles because of convenience and the increased selection pool.
What To Do
If you think you can jump at every opportunity with a positive outlook and the prepared mindset, you’re wrong. The fact is that there are no fail-proof tricks or formulas for wooing the one you go on a date with.
Sometimes couples just don’t have the appropriate chemistry or life circumstances to accommodate each other. That being said, there are some key dating basics that must be kept in mind during your search for a partner.
While the internet is replete with rules on dating, there is always a dilemma on what to do and what not to do. This article presents some dos and don’ts that singles must adhere to if they want their dating to grow into a sweetened relationship. These dating dos and don’ts are just some observed rules of etiquette and behavior and do not give a one-size-fits-all guarantee. Different tricks work for different people as each one of us are different and are in different situations in life.
- Look your best by dressing up appropriately for the even on hand. Never leave home looking like a complete mess. Always make a point to look your best.
- Always be on time.
- Compliment your date. Be sincere!
- If you are meeting for the first time or after online dating then meet in public and not in secluded pubs or bars.
- Be light-hearted and sober in your approach.
- Switch off your cell phone or turn it to silent mode before your conversation begins. Distractions signal a lack of interest and respect.
- If you are using online dating, make sure to keep things moving quickly to keep interest up. You should answer messages within a day or two and plan to meet up, in person, after you have exchanged only a few messages. Having a pen pal is great but, if you build up too much rapport before meeting in person, things can become awkward when you don’t have the space cushion of the internet between you two.
- Always exude a warm and positive energy. Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry all by yourself. Keep your date comfortable.
- Make eye contact with your date to show interest and respect.
- Ask questions. Get to know this person better, and keep the date going smoothly. Act interested.
- If you are using online dating, share only the personal information you are comfortable with and NEVER share financial information or passwords. Don’t forget that the internet is full as psychotic creeps, and you might have just sent a dirty message to a 70 year old sumo wrestler who has a thing for little boys. . Do not drink too much during your date. In fact, keep drinking to a minimum, as nervous as you may be.
- Do not date a person who is otherwise involved seriously with someone else (couple, marriage, etc.)
- Do not go for sex on a first date. As exciting as it may be to hit a home run in the first inning, having or trying to get frisky on the first date almost always comes off in bad form.
- Do not lie to your date on any aspect of your life. Be your best self but be your true self.
- Do not reveal your innermost secrets or speak too much about yourself on the first meeting itself. Being honest and upfront is necessary, but there is a fine line between too much.
- Do not splash on too much perfume. No matter how attractive the smell is, too much is always a turn-off. Keep it light. The fainter the scent, the more curious it and intrigued they will be to get close enough to get a whiff of you. Just give a spirit to key areas, such as the ankles and behind the knees, the wrists, and around the neck area.
- Do not be over-critical about anyone or anything. Again, remain positive and keep composure.
Don’t pull dirty, political or religious issues, as tempting as it may be for some comic relief. These topics should be avoided for meetings where you are getting to know each other. They are highly controversial for most people and offensive too. Keep everything fun and steer away from the serious hot button topics for now.